Here are some notes and images from Lois Lane, Girl Reporter, a pitch for a series of illustrated young adult novels I worked on a few years ago for DC Comics. Story by me, with considerable brainstorming help from my pal John Campbell, and art by Project: Rooftop fan favorite Daniel Krall.
My wonderful editor, Chris Cerasi, was a real champion of the series, which we codenamed “Project 77,” and while we had a great time working on it and finding this secret window into the DCU, it doesn’t look like the current leadership of DC is remotely interested in this kinda thing. I thought some Lois Lane fans here on the interwebs might at least like a look at what might have been…
Sal:Rihanna said, sex in the air, I don't care, I love the smell of it? GROSS. SEX HAS A SMELL?? What could that even SMELL LIKE?? AND SHE LIKES IT? Too much. I don't want to think about that. I don't need to hear that or think about it. I'm just learning about PUBERTY AND BREAST BUDS NOW I do NOT need to know sex smells, Rihanna!
Instead of doing something useful like exercising, I've been working on a website redesign
1) about me
2) about my dog, Dru
3) about my writing: blog, miniblog (posterous), microblog (twitter), and hopefully some actual projects, like stories.
4) about my dancing: some of my history, my philosophy, and a calendar of what I’m doing
5) about my DJ-ing: just as with dancing: my history, my philosophy, and a calendar of what I’m doing
6) my social media presence: facebook, twitter, tumblr, flickr, linkedin, foursquare, youtube, etc.
7) contact page so people can send me hate mail. or love letters. either.
- once I have legit stuff on each section, I’ll take down my 3-yrs-under-construction site and replace it with this.
baby, i am the way that i currently am. born it, became it, it don’t mean a damn. cuz culture ‘n’ society ARE consequential. and identities are neither ahistorical nor essential. so don’t fucking tell me i was born this way. mostly because i am no longer an infant, okay? also just for the record “oriental“‘s a slight
Yep. No Gaga and no Katy Perry for me because though their music’s catchy, they are making the world a worse place by persuading people to accept their bullshit as okay.
I don’t know if her character’s bad, but Ke$ha’s just generally such a mess, she’s also hard to stand. sigh.